For Immediate Release
Contact: Angela Cox, (907) 334-0509
In the first quarter of 2017, Rasmuson Foundation made 44 Tier 1 awards for a total of $813,250. A list of awards by region is attached.
The Tier 1 program is the cornerstone of Rasmuson Foundation’s grantmaking and provides grants of up to $25,000 primarily for capital projects. Applications are accepted year-round. Below are some of the grants made from January through March of this year.
- Nenana Tortella Council on Aging, ($18,000) for facility improvements to the Marge Anderson Senior Center.
- Kenai Peninsula Orchestra, ($7,525) to purchase violins for youth programs.
- Alaska Children’s Trust, ($25,000) for the Alaska Afterschool Network.
- Challenge Alaska, ($20,000) to purchase lift-equipped van for a disabilities program in Anchorage.
- Native Village of Eklutna, ($25,000) to purchase furniture, fixtures and equipment for Eklutna’s new health clinic.
- Togiak Public Library and Cultural Center, ($15,000) for technology upgrades.
About the Foundation
Jenny Rasmuson with her son, Elmer, created Rasmuson Foundation in May 1955 to honor her late husband E.A. Rasmuson. The Foundation is a catalyst to promote a better life for all Alaskans.
2017 Q1 Tier 1 Awards (PDF)