For Immediate Release
Contact: Aleesha Towns-Bain, (907) 334-0509
In the fourth quarter of 2016, Rasmuson Foundation made 16 Tier 1 awards for a total of $193,935. A list of awards by region is attached.
The Tier 1 program is a signature of Rasmuson Foundation’s grantmaking and provides grants of up to $25,000 for capital projects, technology upgrades, program expansion and creative works. Applications are accepted year-round. Below are some of the grants made from October through December of 2016.
- Downtown Soup Kitchen, ($15,000) will purchase and install a commercial tilting kettle in Anchorage.
- Juneau Symphony, ($15,000) will make office improvements and purchase furniture and equipment in Juneau.
- Alaska Avalanche Information Center, Inc. ($4,750) will purchase safety and training equipment in Valdez.
- City and Borough of Sitka, ($15,000) will purchase display cases for the William Stortz Gallery in Sitka.
- Kids Kupboard, ($12,000) will purchase vehicle to deliver meals in Palmer.
- Noble Paws Inc. ($4,200) will purchase trailer for canine therapy in Fairbanks.
About the Foundation
Rasmuson Foundation was created in May 1955 by Jenny Rasmuson to honor her late husband E.A. Rasmuson. The Foundation is a catalyst to promote a better life for all Alaskans.